Tuesday 12 October 2010

Kazak & Chinese governments ban blogs !

So...just as we get some good internet access, I find out that the Kazakstanh government has blocked the entire countries access to blogger.com. Apparantly this is also the case in China - When the government owns the countries sole internet server, they can do whatever they like. But there are still ways and means..

I've found a loophole which lets me post basic text uploads but no photos, I still need to work on a way around that. I dont really understand how the loophole works, its a service offered by a U.S company "proxify.com".

I think they access the internet from the U.S, then forward the pages to me automatically, whilst also disguising the identity of my computer...Sounds a bit technical but it seems to work OK, and the £15 subscription was pretty reasonable.

So - No thanks at all to the Kazak government, who have also taken it upon themselves to ban the websites of all opposition political parties. Nice touch Kazakstanh, Borat would be proud!

1 comment:

  1. cool! your in China! I heard about them banning sites last yr when i was in japan

    ReplyDelete